- Stainless and Engineering Steel Bar and Wire
- Stainless Steel Bar Round
- Stainless Steel Wire
- Stainless Steel Bar Angle
- Stainless Steel Bar Flat
- Stainless Steel Bar Channel
- Stainless Steel Bar Square
- Stainless Steel Bar Hexagonal
- Bright Mild Steel Bar
- Carbon Steel Bar
- Alloy Steel Bar
- Chrome Bar
- Carbon, Alloy and Stainless Hollow Bar
- Stainless and Engineering Steel Bar and Wire Product Specifications
Chrome bar is available through Atlas Steels by indent or special stocking arrangement with end user customers.
Atlas Steels locations and contacts can be found in main menu of this website.
Hard Chrome Bar Application
Hard chrome bar is a chromium-plated steel product used primarily as piston rod material in all standard applications in hydraulics and pneumatics. Common applications are found in cranes, dump trucks, lifters, garbage compactors, agricultural machinery and production equipment with movable sections.
Because hard chrome bar is normally used in conditions of high stress, friction and harsh climatic environment, the quality of the base metal and surface treatment are of paramount importance. Wear, impact and corrosion resistance, as well as high yield strength, surface smoothness and uniform quality are most important properties of hard chrome bar.
The basic grades of steel used in the manufacture are 1045, 4140 hardened and tempered and 1045 induction hardened.
- Grade 1045 steel bar is primarily used in hard chrome bar manufacture due to its wide range of properties consistent with end use applications.
- Grade 4140 is used in applications where greater yield strength is required and induction hardened grade 1045 is used in applications requiring greater surface impact resistance.